Friday, September 28, 2007

UPDATE: My Father

Hey Folks! Just an update on my dad, this week.

Wednesday the 26th, my dad went to the VA Hospital in East Cleveland for his 3rd chemo treatment. My mom stayed home that day to be with him, this was not a good day for my dad. My dad was scared and asked that my mom lay next to him, to keep him warm, as he was running a fever all day. My dad was shaking and my mom checked him, and his temperature was 104.9, and his heart rate was 132. My mom called his doctor at the VA Hospital and she advised he be rushed to the emergency room at Akron General Medical Center.

This night was a mess! I ended up ripping my 3rd toenail off on my right foot as I was walking out of the bathroom door of my work, (the only day I decided NOT to wear my crocs to work), BIG MISTAKE. So I was advised to go to the emergency room myself and get a tetnus shot, because it's been longer than 10 years since I've received one. I didn't care, I went to the hospital to visit my dad and would get my foot taken care of from our family physician on Thursday.

When I went to see my dad, he was a wreck! His temperature was very high, he was sweating like crazy so we would wipe his forehead with a towel and put a fresh towel underneath his head as his pillow was soaked. He was shaking prefusley, and at one point started to hallucinate. His heart rate was still very high and his blood pressure was 89 over 40. Very low. They took my dad in for another CAT scan and found that the blood clot in his leg has traveled to his lung. He also has an infection somewhere in his body as his urine was the color of maple syrup. My dad's dear friend Ron Davis came in to visit and pray with him, and by the time my brother showed up at the Hospital, my dads fever had dropped, and his blood pressure was still low, but he looked great. The doctor came in to examine him, and was very pleased at how high his spirits had changed in such a short amount of time. My Dad was sitting up and alert, and smiling and laughing at this point, and I know that it's because of the wonderful team of Prayer Warriors and friends that I have dropping what they are doing to keep my Father in prayer at all times!

My dad is still in the hospital right now, but is waiting on my mom to come and pick him up, he gets to go home and he's SOOO excited, as we all are! My dad doesn't want to be anywhere but home.

So please keep praying for my dad, as he has decided not to continue with his chemo treatments, his body can't handle it. It's a hard decision to make, but I'm glad he's choosing quality of life right now, instead of quantity.

Again, I can't thank my friends and family enough for their support and prayers and service and donations. You have been a blessing during such a rough time!
Please continue to pray, and please spend time with your loved ones, for us.

God is GOOD, God is ALWAYS Good!!!

No comments: