Monday, October 1, 2007

Even Ants...

Okay, I'm just going to blog about a little lesson I learned while outside earlier.
I was sitting outside at work on the concrete step enjoying the beautiful day that the Lord has given us, and saw this huge ant coming towards me. He started way back on the curb, a good 20 feet away from me, and ended up heading right towards me in no time at all, in human time, I'm sure he ran 5 miles in 45 seconds!

He was ugly...he was dark black, and had what looked like a bumble bee's hind end. So me...hating bugs in general tried to shew him away with the piece of plastic I was holding in my hand. I probably ripped a couple limbs off, and startled him abit, but was definitely trying to head him in the opposite direction of myself. He'd turn around and head right towards me. So I'd do it again, and again, until I finally stepped on him to put him out of his misery. I know this sounds horrible and brutal, but if you knew me, I actually broke my left foot over a centipede in my shower in 2005, so needlessly to say, I hate bugs!

It had me thinking about my dad, and struggles in life. Even though the ant was being brutally beaten, he was headed in a direction and he wasn't going back, no matter what pain or struggle came his way. It made me think about how my dad is in the Hospital, and is severely suffering with Pancreatic Cancer, and blood clots in his legs and lungs, and is in severe pain, and still, our family together Praises the Lord everyday. We might be faced with pain and suffering, but we don't let the Devil get in our way, of the direction we are headed daily in Praising the Lord and seeking him, and never looking back. Through pain, through sorrow, through sickness, through suffering, he is our path, he is our light. We are to follow him daily, head for him daily, and NEVER look back or let struggle get in the way!

John 14:6 - I am the way, the truth and the light, no one comes to the Father, except through me.

No comments: