Monday, October 15, 2007

Update: Dad

My dad is still home from the Hospital, and everyday he reassures the value of him being my Hero. He has his up's and down days, but for the most part is hanging in there. His relationship with the Lord is a blessing in our lives right now. He gives us hope, and wisdom, by watching the faith he has w/ our Lord during this rough struggle.

He started having a pain in his right side (liver) on Saturday night, I stayed the night at my parents house and slept in the living room, I know me being there doesn't help him physically, but it helps my mom, and him mentally. He's lost a lot of weight, and muscle mass, and has what he likes to call "Lunchlady Arms"..haha. He cracks me up! His legs are looking much better, they were very red and swollen, but not so much anymore. He is battling terrible dry and peeling skin, from the temperature of his 105 fever. Just like a really bad sunburn, his skin is peeling from the heat of the fever. Nothing that a little love, and lotion, and pampering can't fix! He soaks it up, he loves to have mom and I fuss over him, give him his shots, kiss his forehead, give him manicures, lotion him up, cover him up....and basically wait on him hand and foot! We don't mind...he'd do it for us!

Thank you for your continued prayers, and thank you again for your generosity in gifts of service and financial blessings. You have humbled our family, and it's because of your prayers, and serving the Lord, that our lives have been changed and touched forever.

Please continue to pray for my dad and for my family. It's the hardest struggle we've ever had to go through. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to spend w/ my dad on Thursday night, laying next to him, holding him, telling him that I will miss him, and the little things that I remembered about him growing up, and how special he is to me. I told him that I am glad he's saved, and know that he will be watching over us in heaven, and told him that God needs to step in now, and really be a Father to me, and he's done, just that. I love my dad, with all my heart. Please pray!

No comments: