Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Update: My Dad

Hello again Friends and Family!

I'm sorry it's taken so long to update you on my Father, but here goes.
My Dad again, proves to me, that I was right all along in life by considering him to be my Hero. I was just telling my mom the other day how amazed I am at the human body. It just baffles me that someone can be stabbed once, or have a gun shot would once, and pass away instantly. But someone like my dad can have a liver, solid as a rock full of tumors, and not die on the spot, but a stab would through the liver is fatal. I'll never understand. My good friend Debb Witt summed it up the best tonight, "When it's the good Lord's time to take ya, he'll do just that" and I guess maybe, that was there "time" to be taken.

My Dad has lost about 90 pounds since the end of August. He doesn't really eat much, maybe enough food to fill a dixie cup in a days time, and has been that way at least for 3-4 weeks. That's another thing that amazes me, the human body can live on a dixie cup size amount of food. I've seen it happen, my Dad is still alive because of that. He's so nauseous, my guess is from the medicine that he takes (on an empty stomach). He takes as much medicine in a day as he does food intake. You want so bad to force feed them, to make them drink water as much as possible...but you're not in there shoes, you don't know what it's like, or what they're going through. Foods my Dad use to love, he can't even be in the same room as. He sleeps a good 80% of the day, but when he's awake, he's a joy to talk to! He can still get around fairly well. The medicine and the lack of liver function has caused him to stray from conversation a little, and add his own little mad libs. In a way it hurts to see him talk the conversation he does, but in the same sense, it puts a smile to your face, because it's so random. His eyes are starting to turn yellow, as well as his skin. (Jaundice). His spirits are high, and he told me on Monday that he thinks (as well as my mom) that God is healing him. I hope and pray He is!

I'll make this paragraph another THANK YOU to the people who have donated their time, services, prayers, thoughts, laughter and hugs with our family. My brother and I were just now conversating on the phone about how lucky we are to have the family that we do, and the support to back us up. So many people have prayed for us, for strength and peacefulness, and we can truly feel your prayers, please continue to pray for Healing as well.

If you're wanting specifics on prayer requests, Pray that I, my brothers as well as my Mom's Faith won't be altered because of the circumstances that are going on right now that are beyond our comprehension. Pray for a clear mind for my Dad, pray for a stomach that isn't nauseous, that can accept food and nutrition. Pray for our futures, that are never in our control, pray that we remain in control by allowing God to have control. Pray for our finances, and pray that we can have more time to spend w/ him, as he needs our care more often now.

Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.

We love you...very very very very very much.

Michaela, Micah and Cathy Riley (and) Mike Riley too!

No comments: